शुक्रवार, 12 अगस्त 2022

Shooting sport in Germany

About me : I am staying in Germany since 2012 and I always had interest in shooting sports. During my college days I use to parcitipate in Air-Pistol competitions but due to the higher costs associated, I left the sport in 2002. Once again I started this sport by joining a Shooting association in Air-Pistol catogery in Munich in 2014 and I participated in Multiple competitions. Starting from lowerst i.e. Gauliga raising up to Bundesliga (once) before leaving the sport again in 2016 for some personal reasons. 

Recently I again joined the Air-Pistol in Fürth and looking forward to improve my game.

Shooting sport is very popular in Germany with over 14.374 shooting associations. There are different types of event inside the shooting itself.

Rifle : 

50 meter rifle three positions (men and women)

50 meter rifle prone (men)

10 meter air rifle (men and women)

Pistol

50 meter pistol (men)

25 meter rapid fire pistol (men and women)

10 meter air pistol (men and women)

Shotgun

Trap (men and women)

Double trap (men)

Skeet (men and women)


There are even more catogeries to this different shooting sports.

With in Germany there are various levels of competitions as below :

Gauliga

Bezirksliga

Bayernliga

Bundesliga

Deutsche Meistershaft

Joining a association is really easy. Costs around €150 ( approx ) yearly membership. Most of the association has stock of weapons that can be used for practice but there are running cost for all this sport for Bullets ( or Pallets for Air pistol/rifle ). If you wish to persue this to higher level ist adivsed to have own weapon as you get to practice on same weapon and the grip can be customised to your needs. Out of all the catagories Air pistol has lowest investment ( but its probably most diffucult of all ).

Fell free to contact me if you need any advise on this sport.

चेतन पाटिल

chetanpatil@web.de

I live in Fürth. I am a Mechanical Engineer. Currently working as Product Engineer ( Motors ). Came to Germany in 2012